||Full-Time & Perm
||Ellesmere Port, Cheshire
||Competitive salary avaiable
Full-Time & Permanent
Ellesmere Port, Cheshire.
Competitive salary available
Westland Horticulture Ltd is one of the UK’s most progressive and innovative FMCG Companies and a market leader in horticulture/gardening and bird care products. The Company has grown from strength to strength in recent years and are currently building on their success in other areas of Europe.
To drive equipment efficiency accuracy and optimisation through continuous improvement activities in our Ellesmere Port site.
• To drive efficiencies in manufacturing processes.
• To optimise the accuracy and performance of our manufacturing dosing systems.
• To evaluate existing systems and to deliver continuous improvement opportunities across the plant.
• Deliver efficiencies to the manufacturing team in terms of equipment uptime, throughput efficiency and calibration accuracy of all metering and dosing systems. Ensure through design modification that we are achieving maximum results on performance.
• Undertake assessment of all existing manufacturing processes and identify opportunities for improvement and enhancement working closely with the Operational, Engineering and Technical teams.
• Identify key issues with existing manufacturing systems through root cause analysis and put a programme of improvement actions in place.
• Recommend improvements in all disciplines with the manufacturing process including electrical, mechanical controls and ergonomic layout and process control.
• Develop project improvement plans for the site, cost, design, and resource and provide a schedule of works to deliver.
• BSc Degree background in Electrical / Mechanical Engineering
• It would be desirable for candidates to have proficiency in electrical wiring (Time served electrician or equivalent)
• Project Management experience
• Experience of Auto Cad / 3 D Solid works or similar packages
• Consolidated and demonstrable experience in PLC programming, undertaking HMI / Scada control systems.
• Experience in a manufacturing environment
• Working knowledge of continuous improvement tools (Six Sigma/ Lean manufacturing principles including 5S, OEE, Root cause Analysis and Cause & Effect)
• High degree of self-discipline, organisation, adaptability and prioritisation.
• Able to work effectively under pressure, especially in times of peak demand.
• Excellent critical thinking communication and IT Skills
• Good project planning, management and execution skills
• Strives for continuous improvement
(Our client reserves the right to expand on the above criteria to facilitate shortlisting)
Why use Zenrec & what to do.
Most of jobs Zenrec have are exclusive only to Zenrec and we specialise on recruitment throughout Northern Ireland & Ireland. Recruiting in many different fields means we have gained valuable experience in various sectors. This experience and industry knowledge means we are in the best possible place to match you with the right jobs.
To apply click on the link and upload your CV to the jobs role or contact Colin Robb directly for a confidential discussion on this job role.
Our client is committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community
Zenrec operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Zenrec adheres to all relevant legislation and offer services regardless of age, sex, disability or religious belief.