||Full-Time & Contract
||Craigavon, Northern Ireland
Full-Time & Temp
To hold and have overall responsibility for the Council’s “Operator’s Licence”, ensuring that the Council meets the requirements of the Licence and all relevant legislation and to manage all aspects of the Council’s Fleet Services.
• Hold and have overall responsibility for the Council’s “Operator’s Licence” and ensure that the Council adheres to the requirements of the licence and prevailing legislation.
• Advise and disseminate information, monitor and support user and operating services to ensure Council’s Vehicle Operator’s Licence compliance, driver compliance and training; data and financial management systems for accurate service, asset and whole life costs and resource analysis.
• Manage Fleet Services, including devising strategy for procurement, operation, maintenance and repairs of all the Council’s vehicles, plant and auxiliary equipment, fuel and tyre management and vehicle and plant hire management.
• Lead on the design and delivery of the strategic and operational fleet service policies and procedures to ensure that services support internal and external customers, act as fleet advisor and ensure professional best practice across all areas of responsibility.
• Develop and ensure maintenance of the Fleet Service’s quality system, ensuring that practices are in place to measure, monitor, evaluate and benchmark the work portfolio including documenting procedures, conducting internal and external audits and supervision of staff training in the application of the procedures and training staff to carry out internal quality audits.
3 years’ relevant experience in a leading role in a large and diverse1 fleet maintenance and management environment to include four the following areas:-
• Managing the procurement of a diverse range of HGV/LGV and plant including developing and evaluating technical specifications.
• Planning and managing the work of a diverse work force, including management, supervisory, technical and manual employees, and the effective management of associated employee relations issues.
• Developing innovative and cost effective fleet servicing, maintenance and repair processes and procedures (including plant).
• Developing and implementing effective occupational road risk and driver training and licensing programmes/processes.
• Developing effective value for money relationships with external suppliers and organisations.
(Our client reserves the right to expand on the above criteria to facilitate shortlisting)
Why use Zenrec & what to do.
Most of jobs Zenrec have are exclusive only to Zenrec and we specialise on recruitment throughout Northern Ireland & Ireland. Recruiting in many different fields means we have gained valuable experience in various sectors. This experience and industry knowledge means we are in the best possible place to match you with the right jobs.
To apply click on the link and upload your CV to the jobs role or contact Colin Robb directly for a confidential discussion on this job role.
Our client is committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community
Zenrec operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Zenrec adheres to all relevant legislation and offer services regardless of age, sex, disability or religious belief.